The MOMS Club was started in 1983 by our founder, Mary B. James, in Simi Valley, CA. Now we have over 2100 local chapters, with 110,000+ members across the country. The MOMS Club of Bernardsville & Basking Ridge was started in 2013.
- To provide a support group for mothers who choose to stay at home to raise their children.
- To provide a forum for topics of interest to mothers.
- To help children in the community.
- To perform at least one service project yearly helping children in need.
- That women must be free to choose their personal path to fulfillment.
- That, for women to choose it, raising children is an important and fulfilling full-time job.
- That a family's decision for a mother to stay at home to raise the children often involves considerable financial sacrifice.
- That there is no one right way to raise children, but our members have a common concern in raising their children in a healthful way.